Grilled vegetable pasta is a nice excuse to get out of the kitchen! This is a great pasta to make during the hot summer months when fresh vegetables are at their peak. The vegetables themselves are the sauce and because they are cut into chunky pieces this recipe works best with short dried pasta shapes such as rigatoni, fusilli, or penne.
Deborah Mele 2011
Grilled Vegetable Pasta
Grilled vegetable pasta is a nice excuse to get out of the kitchen!
- 1 Pound Dried Pasta Such as Fusilli or Rigatoni
- 12 Ripe Plum Tomatoes, Halved
- 2 Medium Onions, Peeled And Halved
- 2 Bell Peppers, Halved
- 2 Tablespoon Capers, Chopped
- 12 Black Olives, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil, Chopped
- 6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 6 Tablespoons Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Dash of Salt
- Dash of Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- Additional Grated Cheese For Serving
- Grill the tomato, pepper and onion halves over medium heat until browned and tender.
- Remove from the heat and coarsely chop.
- Cook the pasta al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, mix together the oil, garlic, herbs, olives, capers and seasonings.
- Drain the pasta and add the seasoning mix.
- Add the chopped onions, cheese, peppers and tomatoes and cook a minute or two over medium heat until everything is piping hot.
- Serve, offering additional cheese if desired.