This tasty soup is made only with green vegetables which gives it a wonderfully fresh flavor. This soup seems to be perfect as a spring or summer starter when one has a multitude of fresh vegetables to choose from. The vegetables I used for the soup in the photos include zucchini, green beans, spinach, fava beans and sugar snap peas. You can stir a little pesto flavored olive oil into the soup for added flavor.
Deborah Mele 2011
Use your favorite combination of green spring or simmer vegetables for this tasty soup.
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Chopped Onions
- 1 Cup Chopped Celery
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Rosemary
- 2 oz. Prosciutto or pancetta, Cut Into Small Dice
- 3 Pounds of Green Vegetables of Choice- Green Beans, Peas, Spinach, Zucchini, Asparagus etc. Washed Dried And Cut Into Small Pieces
- 3 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 2 Quarts Vegetable Broth or Water
- Salt & Pepper
- Grilled Garlic Bread
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Heat the oil over medium heat and add the onions and celery, and cook until translucent.
- Add the prosciutto or pancetta and cook until the mixture begins to take on color.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and herbs, and cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the broth or water and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until the soup has thickened and the vegetables are tender, about 40 minutes.
- Serve soup ladled on top of a slice of garlic bread into each soup bowl.