Roasting vegetables brings out their sweetness and intensifies their flavors. Tomatoes and zucchini are perfect partners in this tasty recipe. It is best to try and match the zucchini and tomatoes in size for the best results. This dish can be put together ahead of time and simply popped into the oven shortly before dinner. I personally prefer this dish at room temperature, but it could also be served warm.
Deborah Mele 2011
Roasted Zucchini With Tomatoes
Zucchini and tomatoes are perfect partners in this dish as roasting both brings out their natural sweetness.
- 3 Small to Medium Sized Zucchini, Trimmed And Cut Into Coins
- 5 Ripe, Roma Tomatoes, Cut Into Coins
- 1 Large Garlic Clove, Finely Minced
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Arrange the zucchini and tomato slices side by side in an appropriately sized baking dish.
- Once they are all attractively arranged, drizzle with the olive oil, and sprinkle with the minced garlic and thyme.
- Season with salt and pepper, and cook until golden and tender for about 25 to 30 minutes, basting with the juices halfway through.
- Serve warm or at room temperature for the best flavor.