Veal, lemon and sage were meant to be paired together, and expensive cuts like these veal chops call for a simple preparation. Although you can grill these chops if desired, we find this method of preparation very effective in creating a moist chop with a nice golden brown crust. We prefer our veal chops medium rare, but if you like your meat cooked a little more, simply leave in the oven an extra minute or two.
Deborah Mele 2011
Veal Chops With Lemon Sage Sauce
All a great veal chop needs is a little lemon and sage!
- 4 Veal Chops, At Least 1 1/2 Inch Thick
- 8 Fresh Sage Leaves
- Two Fresh Large Lemons
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Lightly oil the chops, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a heavy oven-proof cast iron grill pan, sear the chops until golden brown on each side, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place the pan in the hot oven and cook an additional 10 minutes for medium rare.
- Serve with the fresh sage leaves and lemons.