This recipe typifies what Italian cuisine is all about. The following recipe is probably the simplest way to prepare and enjoy asparagus, but the combination of just a few ingredients in this dish is very tasty. We often enjoy this dish as a light lunch entree after a bowl of soup, or as a breakfast dish on a lazy Sunday morning. Serve this dish with some toasted bread to sop up the tasty yolk and juices.
Deborah Mele 2011
Asparagi alla Bismarck
A simple dish of tender crisp asparagus topped with a fried egg and grated Parmesan cheese.
- 1 Pound Asparagus
- 4 Large Eggs
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
- Boil the asparagus in gently boiling water until cooked, but still al dente.
- This should take about 8 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the asparagus.
- Divide the asparagus onto four plates.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a frying pan and fry the eggs until the whites are set but the yolks remain soft.
- Place one egg on top of each bunch of asparagus.
- Melt the remaining butter in a small pan and then drizzle it over the asparagus.
- Sprinkle with a little salt, and some coarsley cracked black pepper.
- Next sprinkle equally over each plate the fresh parmesan cheese.