This recipe typifies what Italian cuisine is all about. The following recipe, is probably the simplest way to prepare and enjoy asparagus, but the combination of just a few ingredients in this dish is very tasty. In Lombardy, they often serve Asparagus Parmesan with a fried egg on top which they call Asparagi alla Bismark. With a good bowl of soup, and some crusty bread, this would make a nice, light dinner.
Deborah Mele 2011
A quick and tasty way to prepare fresh asparagus.
- 1 Pound Asparagus
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
- Boil the asparagus in gently boiling water until cooked, but still al dente. This should take about 8 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the asparagus.
- Melt the butter in a small pan.
- Arrange the warm asparagus on four plates, and drizzle over it the melted butter.
- Sprinkle with a little salt, and some coarsley cracked black pepper.
- Next sprinkle equally over each plate the fresh parmesan cheese.