We were at the St. Lawrence market one Saturday and saw this huge vat of fresh PEI mussels and just couldn’t resist buying them. They were really meaty and so fresh that we wanted a simple preparation that would compliment them rather than cover of the fresh seafood taste. This is a very easy way to cook mussels, creating a tasty sauce of butter, garlic and juice from the mussels. Make sure you have lots of crusty bread on hand to sop up the juices!
Deborah Mele 2011
Mussels In Garlic Butter Sauce
Serve this dish with lots of crusty bread to sop up the garlic butter sauce.
- 2 Pounds Fresh, Cleaned Mussels
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Cup Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 3/4 Stick (6 Tablespoons) Unsalted Butter At Room Temperature
- Salt & Pepper
- Crusty Italian Bread, Grilled
- Combine the butter, garlic, parsley and seasonings in a small bowl, and mix together well.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the mussels in a large baking dish, and spoon the butter/garlic mixture on top.
- Cover the dish tightly with foil, and bake for about 15 minutes, or until the mussels open.
- Discard any that do not open.
- Serve in large bowls, dividing the sauce equally between each serving.
- Offer crusty bread to sop up the delicious juices.