This recipe combines the great flavors of eggplants, sun dried tomatoes and goat cheese. Quick to put together, yet delicious, this recipes will soon become a family favorite. I used a whole wheat pasta in the photos but any short pasta would work well.
Deborah Mele 2011
Penne Pasta With Eggplant And Goat Cheese
This is one of those quick and easy pasta dishes that can be on the table in under 30 minutes.
- 1 Medium Eggplant, Cut Into 1″ Cubes
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Oil Packed Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons Parsley, Chopped
- 1 Pound Penne Pasta
- 3 oz Goat Cheese, Crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place eggplant cubes in colander lightly sprinkled with salt, and allow to stand 30 minutes.
- Pour olive oil in baking dish, add eggplant & toss well to combine.
- Place in roasting pan & roast till browned, about 20 minutes.
- In food processor, put sun dried tomatoes, parsley, 2 tablespoons of oil and pulse.
- Cook penne pasta al dente.
- Add eggplant, sun dried tomato paste & toss well.
- Sprinkle with goat cheese, and serve.