This quick and easy sauce goes very well with many types of pasta shapes. The dried red pepper adds just a bit of heat, but you can leave it out if you prefer a more delicate sauce. This sauce is also great with sausage added to it as shown in the image.
Deborah Mele 2011
Tomato Cream Sauce
An easy yet elegant sauce that works well with any type of pasta.
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Cups Quick Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh, Chopped Basil, or Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- Dash Of Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- Mix the cream with the tomato sauce, and heat.
- Season with the fresh, chopped herb of choice, salt and pepper as needed, as well as the red pepper flakes if you are using them.
- Use to top your favorite pasta dish!