This quick and easy sauce goes very well with many types of pasta shapes. The dried red pepper adds just a bit of heat, but you can leave it out if you prefer a more delicate sauce. This sauce is also great with sausage added to it as shown in the image.
Deborah Mele 2011
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Cups Quick Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh, Chopped Basil, or Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- Dash Of Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- Mix the cream with the tomato sauce, and heat.
- Season with the fresh, chopped herb of choice, salt and pepper as needed, as well as the red pepper flakes if you are using them.
- Use to top your favorite pasta dish!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 132 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 34mg Sodium: 663mg Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 5g Protein: 2g