I have just this past year learned to appreciate how delicious both cauliflower and broccoli are when roasted in the oven until just fork tender and golden brown, and find I am craving this dish if I do not make it at least once a week. I have been trying out a few variation on this dish and this is one of my more recent favorites. It is so simple to prepare yet delicious and works as a great side dish for roasted or braised meats of any type.
I was walking through my daughter’s local grocery store in Michigan recently when I spied the most amazing colored cauliflower. Of course I had to buy one of each color even though the price was a bit too high. Once cooked, you probably wouldn’t even be able to tell the difference in taste between this colored cauliflower and the usual white variety, but it’s unique appearance did get my grandkids interested enough to try one floret of each color!
Deborah Mele 2011
Lemony Oven Roasted Cauliflower
Oven roasting cauliflower enhances the flavor creating a delicious side dish.
- 1 Large Head of Cauliflower (Or Equivalent)
- 3 Cloves of Parlic, Peeled And Minced
- 1 Lemon
- 6 Tablespoons Olive oil
- Coarsely Ground Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets, rinse under water and pat dry.
- Place the florets in a single layer in an oven-proof casserole or baking dish.
- Add the garlic and olive oil and toss to coat.
- Zest half the lemon onto the cauliflower, and then squeeze the juice from the whole lemon over the cauliflower.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss again to coat evenly.
- Bake uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes, until the top is lightly browned, and the cauliflower is fork tender.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.