Owning three chickens means that although I am fortunate to be able to collect 3 fresh, organic eggs each and every day, I also need to find ways to use them up in creative and delicious ways. One thing I have lots of right now in my kitchen are zucchini, so one morning I decided to combine grated zucchini with the eggs into a tasty frittata. I love goat cheese, and personally feel that anything that includes goat cheese always seems to taste better so it ended up in my frittata as well. I have made this egg dish several times, and although I normally do not love eggs first thing in the morning, I found this frittata lovely enjoyed at lunch with a crisp green salad.
Deborah Mele 2011
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Small to Medium Zucchini, Grated
- 3 Tablespoons Chopped Basil
- 3 Tablespoons Chopped Green Onions or Chives
- Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Soft Goat Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Beat the eggs together with the milk, and stir in the grated zucchini, basil, and green onions (or chives).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat and then once hot pour in the egg mixture.
- Gently lift the edges with a spatula as it cooks to allow the uncooked egg to to move to the bottom.
- Once the egg has begun to set all around the edges, break up the goat cheese and drop it evenly over the top.
- Continue to cook just until the center has almost set. Remove from the heat and let rest for another 2 to 3 minutes to finish cooking.
- Serve hot.