There are an unlimited number of variations of carpaccio, but often the simpler the better. This variation tops the tender beef slices with crisp, vibrant greens, Parmesan shavings and a drizzle of garlicky aioli sauce to finish.
Deborah Mele 2011
- 1 Pound Beef Sirloin, Bright Red
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Peeled
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 3/4 Cup olive oil
- 2 Cups Fresh, Washed And Dried Watercress or Arugula, Chopped
- Salt And Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese Shavings
- If slicing yourself, use an electric carving knife and cut the beef into paper thin slices.
- Arrange the beef slices on plates, and top with the greens and cheese shavings.
- To make the garlic aioli, place the garlic and eggs in a blender, and pulse to combine.
- Begin to slowly add the oil into the blender top while it is blending to create a thick emulsion.
- Once thick, remove from the blender, and add the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve offering the aioli on the side for those that want it.