This is such an easy, elegant treat to make and once you’ve made it once you’ll want to do so over and over again. Basically, chocolate bark is simply chocolate that is melted and poured onto a baking sheet, then topped with anything from dried fruit and nuts, to crushed candy. The topping options are really endless! For the holidays I decided to combine my favorite type of dark chocolate, with dried cranberries and pistachios for a festive holiday look. Since this recipe is so simple, do use a good quality chocolate for the best results.
This chocolate treat would be a great addition to a holiday buffet table or even a cookie tray. It would also be a wonderful holiday hostess gift or treat for a special teacher packaged in cellophane bags and tied with a bright bow. The bark can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days or refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Deborah Mele 2011
- 1 1/2 Cups Pistachios
- 10 Ounces Dark Chocolate (70 % Cocoa), Finely Chopped
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries (About 4 Ounces)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- In a glass bowl, heat two-thirds of the chocolate in a microwave oven at high power in 30-second bursts until just melted.
- Stir until smooth, then add the remaining chocolate and stir until melted.
- Scrape the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread it into a 12-by-8-inch rectangle.
- Immediately sprinkle evenly with the nuts and dried cranberries.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm enough to cut.
- Cut the bark into pieces and transfer to a plate.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.