I have just one month left before we move, so I am busy trying to organize, pack, and still find time to crank out a few great recipes as often as possible. Although I presently do not have as much time as usual to spend in the kitchen, I still do my best to prepare healthy, delicious meals every day. We have been working hard to eat mostly plant-based meals during the week, but we do enjoy seafood on the weekends. When preparing vegetables, I like to cook up a large portion so that we can enjoy the leftovers for light lunches. This recipe is one I make often because it is so quick and easy, and always tastes delicious. I may vary the ingredients depending on what I have on hand, but this medley of mushrooms, cauliflower, and ripe cherry tomatoes is my favorite combination.
For the best results, I suggest that you use Cremini or Baby Bella mushrooms. Both of these varieties have more flavor than basic button mushrooms, but white button mushrooms will do if you have no other options. I like to use fresh thyme along with dried oregano to season these vegetables, and then I top the roasted vegetables with fresh parsley just before serving. These vegetables are a great side dish to serve with grilled or roasted meat and poultry, though we enjoy them on their own. You can serve these vegetables warm from the oven or at room temperature.
Deborah Mele 2018
- 1 Pound Cremini or Baby Bella Mushrooms, Cleaned & Trimmed
- 1 Head Cauliflower, Cut Into Bite Sized Pieces
- 2 Cups Halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 6 Garlic Cloves, Peeled And Sliced
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Thyme, Finely Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley Leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add the mushrooms, cauliflower, and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with the seasonings and toss to coat.
- Spread the vegetables onto a foil lined large baking sheet, and roast about 25 minutes or until lightly browned and tender when pricked with a knife.
- Arrange the vegetables on a platter and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 104mg Carbohydrates: 17g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 8g Protein: 6g