This delicious mushroom bruschetta is flavored with marsala wine, mixed with toasted walnuts, and then topped with gorgonzola cheese crumbles. The combination of flavors is delicious, and the mushroom mixture can be prepared hours before serving which makes this recipe great for entertaining. Any crusty baggette type bread would work well in this recipe although I used a multigrain one in my photos.
Deborah Mele 2011
- 8oz. Baby Bella Mushrooms Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Thyme
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Sweet Marsala Wine
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Toasted Chopped Walnuts
- 3 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 Cup Gorgonzola Cheese Crumbles
- 6 Slices Crusty Baggettte Type Bread
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the mushrooms and cook the mushrooms over medium heat until they are tender and lightly browned.
- Add the thyme, salt and pepper, and marsala wine.
- Cook over high heat until the wine begins to reduce and thicken.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter, walnuts, and parsley.
- Toast the bread slices under the broiler until lightly browned on both sides.
- Place the bread slices on a platter and spoon the mushroom mixture unto each bread slice.
- Sprinkle the cheese crmbles on top of the mushroom mixture and serve.