Marinating chicken in this manner creates a very tender, delicious and light chicken with golden brown exterior and moist interior. You can mix together the marinade ingredients in a plastic bag and place the chicken pieces inside and simply refrigerate it hours before you want to prepare dinner. I use chicken thighs in this recipe although you could also use chicken breasts, legs, or even a whole chicken cut into pieces.
I used the grill in my version of this popular dish but you could also bake the chicken in a preheated oven at 365 degrees F. for 30 to 40 minutes. I left the bone in but if you wanted to use boneless thighs, you will need to reduce your cooking time.
- 8 Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Juice Of Two Large Lemons
- Zest Of One Lemon
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled And Minced
- 3 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Oregano
- 4 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
- Mix together all of the marinade ingredients and place in a ziploc bag with the chicken thighs.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of three hours or up to 6 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
- Grill the thighs 10 minutes on each side or until cooked through.