This is one of those easy recipes that is typical of rustic country cooking, and adding roasted garlic to basic mashed potatoes really brings them up to a new level. This vegetable side dish is great with grilled sausages, or a nice roasted chicken or breast of veal. You can also add some grated cheese into the potatoes, and you also have the option of either peeling the potatoes, or leaving the peels on for added texture and flavor.
Deborah Mele 2011
- 2 Pounds Baking Potatoes
- 2 Large Heads Of Roasted Garlic, Reserving The Oil
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Milk
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 1/4 Cup Minced Parsley
- Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- Peel and cut the potatoes into large dice.
- Place in a medium sized pot with salted water and bring to a boil.
- Cook 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
- Drain, and push the potatoes through a potato ricer and into a bowl.
- Add the butter, milk, garlic pulp and garlic flavored olive oil.
- Mix well, and season with salt and pepper, parsley and red pepper flakes if using.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 35mg Sodium: 132mg Carbohydrates: 52g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 3g Protein: 8g