Tender rolls of veal are stuffed with prosciutto, provolone cheese and sage leaves and are then quickly grilled in this recipe which is perfect for warmer weather dining. You can prepare these rolls in the morning and store covered in the refrigerator until it is time to fire up the grill.
Deborah Mele 2011
- 12 Thin Slices Of Veal Scaloppine
- 12 Thin Slices Prosciutto
- 12 Thin Slices Of Provolone Cheese
- 12 Large Fresh Sage Leaves
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Wedges To Serve
- Heat up your grill to medium high heat.
- Pound the scaloppine between two sheets of plastic wrap, until they are less than 1/4 inch thick.
- Top each slice of veal with one slice of prosciutto, one slice of provolone, and one large sage leaves, trimming as necessary to fit the veal slice.
- Roll up firmly, and secure with toothpicks.
- Brush the slices lightly with olive oil to prevent sticking, and grill over medium high heat, for about 8 to 10 minutes, turning as needed to brown evenly.
- Transfer to a serving platter, removing the toothpicks.
- Serve with lemon wedges.