This pizza is delicious although very rich. My son and son-in-law both love this pizza but prefer to have some spicy pepperoni sprinkled on top as well which adds a bite that offsets the richness of all the cheese. Quattro formaggi of course means four cheese, and traditionally those four cheeses include mozzarella, Gorgonzola, Parmesan, and a fresh creamy cheese such as Robiola or Stracchino.
- 2 Pizza Dough Balls
- 6 Ounces Full Fat Mozzarella, Shredded
- 3 Ounces Gorgonzola Cheese, Crumbled
- 4 Ounces Creamy White Cheese (See Above)
- 4 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 6 Ounces Spicy Pepperoni Or Soppresata (Optional)
- Preheat oven to the highest setting and place a pizza stone in the oven for at least 30 minutes.
- Making one pizza at a time, shape your pizza dough into a 12 inch circle and place it on a pizza peel lightly sprinkled with corn meal.
- Sprinkle half the cheese evenly over the pizza and then add half of the pepperoni if using.
- Slide the pizza from the peel onto the pizza stone and cook until brown and bubbly, about 8 to 9 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place it on a plate and complete the second pizza in the same fashion.
- Serve immediately.