Tagliata di Manzo con Rucola ~ Combining a great steak with peppery arugula salad might sound like an odd idea, but I guarantee that once you’ve tried it, you won’t want to eat steak any other way.
Traditionally this steak is always served rare, but if desired you could cook it a little more. It should be meltingly tender though to contrast sharply with the crisp, peppery lettuce.
Deborah Mele 2011
Yield: Serves 4
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Thin strips of beef served on peppery arugula.
- 4 Medium Sized Good Quality Steaks At Least 1 1/2 inch Thick- T-bone, or New York Strip
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Bunches Fresh Arugula, Washed and Dried
- Coarsely Ground Pepper
- Coarsely Ground Sea Salt
- Lightly rub the steak with the oil, and sprinkle with pepper.
- Grill over an open grill for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Your steak should be rare inside.
- Trim the fat, and carve the steak into 1/4 inch slices.
- Serve on a bed of arugula, drizzle with a little more olive oil, and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Serve immediately.