I first tasted swordfish cooked like this in Sicily, and it has since become my favorite way to prepare swordfish. Simple yet delicious, it can be made in mere minutes. Although you could top these swordfish steaks with a seasoned herb olive oil, or a zesty tomato relish, I prefer to serve it simply with lemon wedges.
Deborah Mele 2011
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Swordfish Steaks, at Least 1 Inch Thick, Cut in Half Lengthwise (About 1 1/2 Pounds Total Weight)
- 1 Cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- Fresh Lemon Wedges
- Lightly brush the swordfish steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the bread crumbs on a shallow plate, and lay the swordfish on top.
- Bread the other side as well, pressing the crumbs onto the sides of the fish so they stick.
- Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Fire up the grill, and once hot, cook the steaks over medium heat just a couple of minutes on each side.
- The outer breaded coating should be golden brown, while the interior of the steak remains moist.
- Serve immediately, with lemon wedges on the side.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 3/4 pound
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 846Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 1252mgCarbohydrates: 150gFiber: 18gSugar: 30gProtein: 31g