Pasta salads are a great way to use up leftover pasta, and are perfect to take on picnics. You can vary this recipe in so many ways to make it your own. You could add grilled eggplant and zucchini, or add some canned tender beans such as cannellini or chick peas. Cubed mozzarella cheese or ham would also be delicious in this salad.
I would normally not wash pasta in cold water after cooking, but when making pasta salads it helps remove the excess starch which could cause the pasta to stick together. If you are using leftover pasta from the night before, I would also coat the pasta in a little olive oil so it doesn’t stick together while being stored in the refrigerator.
- 5 Cups Cooked Short Pasta
- 3 Cups Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 4 Green Onions, Chopped
- 8 Pitted Kalamata Olives, Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Capers
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Basil or Parsley
- 4 Slices Prosciutto, Finely Chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine well.
- Serve at room temperature.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 611Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 1135mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 21g