Anyone who knows me will tell you that I LOVE goat cheese and am always looking for ways to incorporate it into my recipes. This simple bruschetta is delicious, and the tangy flavor of the goat cheese contrasts really nicely with the sweet roasted peppers. I first spread the toasted bread slices with a little black olive tapenade which adds another dimension of flavor, but you could leave this step out if you prefer and simply brush the toasted bread slices with olive oil before adding the roasted peppers and goat cheese.
Deborah Mele 2011
- 4 Country Style Italian Bread Slices About 1/2 to 3/4 Of An Inch Thick
- 2 Roasted Red Peppers (Recipe Below)
- 4 Tablespoons Black Olive Paste (Recipe Below)
- 5 to 6 Tablespoons Crumbled Goat Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Herb Of Choice (I Used Fresh Thyme In The Photos)
- Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 Roasted Sweet Peppers
- 4 Tablespoons Black Olive Paste
- Prepare the roasted peppers and olive spread as instructed below.
- Grill or broil both sides of the bread until light golden brown.
- Spread a little black olive paste on each bread slice, then arrange the pepper strips nicely on each.
- First sprinkle goat cheese crumbles on top of the peppers, drizzle with a little olive oil, and then sprinkle with a dash of seat salt and cracked black pepper.
- Finely, sprinkle with the chopped fresh herbs and serve.