This pretty soup is made with colored, roasted or grilled peppers which intensifies the flavor. Choose your own garnishes, or use those suggested below. Use the best quality extra virgin olive oil to drizzle on top.
I use cooked potatoes to thicken this soup which makes it much lighter than soups using cream. Although you can use whatever colored peppers you want, I always mix red and yellow peppers which gives me this rich orange color.
Of soup and love, the first is the best.
- 2 Yellow and 2 red Bell Peppers
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion, Chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Medium Potato, Cut Into Large Dice
- 3 Cups Homemade Chicken Broth
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil To Drizzle
- Use Homemade Garlic Croutons, Grilled Shrimp, Or Chopped Chives
- Brush the peppers with a little oil and grill until the skins are blackened and blistered.
- Place in a plastic bag for 15 minutes.
- Add the rest of the oil in a pot, and saute the onions and garlic for about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, potato and cook 15 minutes.
- Remove the core, seeds and peel from the peppers and coarsely chop.
- Add to the soup mixture and cook another 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, pulse the mixture until it is smooth.
- Return to the pot, taste, and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve warm with your garnish of choice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 1013mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 8g