A great vibrant sauce that is perfect to top grilled seafood, meats, or cold poached chicken. You can vary the taste by adding other ingredients such as capers or anchovies to the basic sauce. This is a great sauce to have in your recipe files as it can really liven up a bland dish with some zest.
Deborah Mele 2011
Yield: Serves 4-6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
A great vibrant sauce that is perfect to top grilled seafood, meats, or cold poached chicken.
- 1 Slice Italian Bread
- Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Large Bunch Of Fresh Parsley
- 2 Medium Cloves Garlic
- 1 Hard Boiled Egg
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Soak the bread in the vinegar for about 20 minutes.
- Chop the parsley and garlic together until they are finely chopped. (or pulse together using a food processor)
- Transfer the parsley mixture to a bowl and add the egg yolk, discarding the white of the egg.
- Squeeze the bread dry and crumble into the bowl.
- Adding a little olive oil at a time, whisk the ingredients together until you have created a creamy sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper, and store in the refrigerator until you are ready to use.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 343Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g