This is another easy focaccia recipe consisting of two round flat discs of dough surrounding a tasty spinach and cheese filling. I have used spinach, Mozzarella and Gorgonzola cheeses, but you could experiment with the fillings of your choice. Seal the edges well so the cheeses do not melt out as the focaccia bakes.
Variations: Try stuffing the focaccia with thinly sliced tomatoes and basil leaves, shredded cooked ham and Fontina cheese, or simply a mixture of your favorite Italian cheeses.
The Focaccia Just Out Of The Oven
Deborah Mele 2011
This stuffed focaccia can be a light lunch or tasty snack.
- 1/2 Recipe of Basic Italian Bread
- 7 oz. Gorgonzola Cheese, Crumbled
- 7 oz. Mozarella Cheese, Sliced
- 1 1/2 - 2 Cups Sauted Spinach
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Fresh Rosemary
- Coarse Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Divide the dough into two.
- On a floured surface, either pat down or roll into two 10-11 inch circles.
- Place one circle on an oiled cookie sheet, and then sprinkle the cheese evenly over it's surface.
- Spread the spinach across the top, and then cover with the remaining circle.
- Using your fingertips, gently press the edges together.
- Create dimples across the top surface using your fingertips, and drizzle over with the oil.
- Sprinkle the salt and rosemary on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.