Piadini With Prosciutto, Tomatoes, And Arugula
When I make piadini bread, I usually make a double batch and once the bread has cooled I freeze what I do not plan to use immediately in individual bags. Next time I am in the mood for a panini I can pull out my piadini bread from the freezer, thaw and use it with any fillings I am craving at the time. This particular sandwich is probably our favorite and we use these ingredients together for other sandwiches also, as well as to top our pizza.
Ingredients For Piadini con Prosciutto
Deborah Mele 2011
4 Piadini Breads
8 Slices Thinly Sliced Prosciutto
2 Large Ripe Tomatoes, Thinly Sliced
Fresh, Washed And Dried Arugula
Salt & Pepper
- Lightly brush each piadini on one side with the olive oil.
- Place the prosciutto on one half of each sandwich.
- Lay two to three thin tomato slices on top of the prosciutto, then season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the arugula on top of the tomatoes using as much as desired.
- Drizzle just a little more olive oil on the arugula, then fold the piadini in half.
- Place each sandwich on individual plates and serve.