Patate al Forno con Aceto Balsamico ~ A vegetable dish that is great with grilled sausages, or a nice roasted chicken or breast of veal. This is an easy recipe that has a complex, unique flavor that is addictive. Do not use an expensive aged balsamic for this recipe, as a basic inexpensive grocery store brand will work just fine. After creating this recipe once, your family will be asking for it repeatedly! You can either use a smaller pan and pile the potato pieces on top of each other which will keep them tender and moist, or spread them out a bit in a larger pan for baking which will allow the top to crisp while underneath the bottom stays moist. Both methods are delicious!
Deborah Mele 2011
- 3 Pounds Potatoes
- 1 Pound Red Onions
- 1 Cup Butter
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 6 Fresh Sage Leaves, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Fresh Parsley To Garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice both the potatoes and onions thinly, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Melt the butter in a heavy skillet, add the potatoes and onions to it, and turn until everything is well coated.
- Cook, turning over occasionally until both the potatoes and onions have begun to take on a golden color, between 10 -15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, and mix in the fresh sage leaves and half the vinegar.
- Place in an ovenproof dish and bake covered for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cover and add the remaining vinegar, and cook for another 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 816 Total Fat: 47g Saturated Fat: 29g Trans Fat: 2g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 122mg Sodium: 488mg Carbohydrates: 92g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 17g Protein: 11g