This quick and easy sauce goes very well with many types of pasta shapes. The dried red pepper adds just a bit of heat, but you can leave it out if you prefer a more delicate sauce. This sauce is also great with sausage added to it as shown in the image.
Deborah Mele 2011
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Cups Quick Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh, Chopped Basil, or Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- Dash Of Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- Mix the cream with the tomato sauce, and heat.
- Season with the fresh, chopped herb of choice, salt and pepper as needed, as well as the red pepper flakes if you are using them.
- Use to top your favorite pasta dish!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 132Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 663mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g