These are one cookie that I make every year at Christmas as they bring back memories of my childhood. These cookies are buttery and full of ground walnuts, and each of theses cookies is a delicate bite-full rolled up in powdered sugar. A great addition to any cookie tray!
Deborah Mele 2011
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Ground Walnuts
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- Powdered Sugar For Topping
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. F.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then add the vanilla and walnuts.
- Add the 2 cups of flour and combine.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 to 2 hours.
- Break off 1 tablespoon sized pieces and shape into crescents.
- Place on a baking sheet, and bake for about 13-15 minutes, or until the cookies are set, and have just begun to take on color.
- Cool completely, and then roll into the powdered sugar until well coated.
- Store in airtight containers.