These little tender bites of quiche are perfect for a breakfast brunch, or on an antipasti platter. I simply use a basic, medium sized muffin tin which creates delicious two bite treats. I use a mix of a couple of different cheeses in my quiche, depending on what I have on hand, although that always includes a soft melting cheese such as Fontina or Asiago that I cut into small dice, as well as a dried grated cheese like Pecorino or Parmesan. For color, I chop and scatter fresh parsley and basil into the quiche before baking, although you could also use chopped spinach as well. You could also add either diced, browned pancetta to the mini quiche, or finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Depending on my mood or what I have on hand, I may use a shortcrust pastry dough, or a store bought puff pastry to line my muffin tins. Both work equally well and create a tender, delicious mini quiche.
Deborah Mele 2011
- 1 Package Frozen Puff Pastry
- 1 1/2 Cup Diced Soft Melting Cheese (Fontina or Asiago)
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Or Pecorino Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Parsley (Or Mix Of Basil And Parsley)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 4 Medium Eggs
- If using frozen puff pastry, allow it to thaw, then cut into circles to fit into the muffin tins.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface, and cut into circles to fit into the bottom and sides of your muffin tin.
- Bake 5 minutes, then cool.
- Distribute the chopped herbs and diced and grated cheese between each of the pastry lined quiche bottoms.
- Beat together the eggs, cream, milk, and salt and pepper until frothy.
- Pour the egg mixture filling to just over half full, and bake until the egg mixture is set and lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 2 each
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 386Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 195mgSodium: 629mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 17g