I have made these tartlets in the past using jam or preserves as a filling but I decided to make them with Nutella for World Nutella Day this year. These little tartlets are really easy to put together, and are just the right size for a tasty snack. I used a teaspoon of Nutella for the filling in my tartlets, but you could use a little more if you prefer. I personally found a teaspoonful was just enough to give the tartlets a nice surprise chocolate center.
Deborah Mele 2011
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 2/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 Cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 5 Medium Egg Whites
- 4 1/2 Ounce Melted Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Almond Extract
For Filling & Topping:
- 1/4 Cup Thinly Sliced Almonds
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease 6 fluted tartlet pans.
- In a bowl, add the flours, sugar, baking powder, egg whites, butter, and almond extract.
- Whisk ingredients together until blended.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tartlet pans.
- Add a teaspoonful of Nutella to the center of each tartlet pan.
- Sprinkle the tops of each with some almonds.
- Place the tartlets on a baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and set.
- Cool to room temperature, then lightly dust with powdered sugar.