This is a tender crust great for pies or tarts. The addition of both wine and egg really help to make the crust tender.
Deborah Mele 2011
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 1/2 Sticks Unsalted Butter, Cut Into Pieces
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, Lightly Beaten
- 4 Tablespoons Chilled Dry White Wine
- Bring the butter to room temperature.
- Mix the butter and flour together just until crumbly.
- Add the sugar, egg and wine, mixing into a soft dough.
- Shape the dough into one or two balls, and refrigerate, wrapped in plastic wrap until ready to use.