A great party food that always gets rave reviews. The red pepper flakes are added to spice up the dipping sauce, but you could leave them out if you prefer. To create a crunchy crust, you could first dip the ravioli first in buttermilk and then in seasoned bread crumbs.
Although I do prefer cheese ravioli in this recipe, feel free to try other varieties to see what your own personal preference might be.
Deborah Mele 2011
- 2 Dozen 1 1/2 Inch Square Cheese Filled Ravioli
- Oil For Frying
- Dipping Sauce of Choice (I like a spicy tomato sauce)
- Heat the oil in a large pot or deep fryer until a frying thermometer registers 375 degrees F.
- Carefully slip 6 or so ravioli into the hot oil at a time, and fry until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent towels, and keep warm until you are ready to serve.
- Serve on a platter with a bowl of sauce of choice on the side for dipping.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 6 ravioli
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 403Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 709mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 20g