Sweet, and tender roasted peppers……. this is such a simple recipe that anyone can easily make roasted peppers whenever they desire, and I always buy up extra sweet peppers when they are on sale to make these. They’ll keep under olive oil for at least a week although we usually eat them up long before that! These are a must for any antipasti platter. If you like a bit of spice, simply add a couple of hot roasted peppers chopped into this mixture of sweet peppers.
Note: Peppers are also great roasted over the barbeque if you are grilling meat for dinner. Just follow the same procedure.
Deborah Mele 2011
- 6 Mixed Red, Green and Yellow Peppers
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Wash and dry the peppers, cut off the tops, and cut in half, removing seeds and membranes.
- Place on a baking sheet and put under the broiler until the skin is blackened and blistered.
- Place them in a plastic bag and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove the skin (it should slip right off at this point), and cut into the size of strips you desire.
- Place in a bowl with the minced garlic, parsley, a little salt and pepper and enough oil to lightly coat.
- Serve at room temperature.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 52mg Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g