When we are grilling meat for dinner, I like to use the grill for the rest of the meal as well. One of the easiest way to grill vegetables is layered on skewers that are lightly brushed with a seasoned olive oil marinade. I have a few different types of metal skewers which I prefer, but you can also use inexpensive wooden skewers also, just soak them in water for 30 minutes before you use them. You can use a variety of vegetables including red, yellow, or orange peppers, zucchini or summer squash, cherry tomatoes, onion wedges, mushrooms, slices of corn on the cob, or chunks of fennel. Just try and cut all the vegetables into pieces about the same size so they cook evenly.
Deborah Mele 2012
- 4 Small Zucchini, Ends Trimmed And Cut Into 2 Inch Pieces
- 16 Button Mushrooms, Cleaned'
- 1 Large Onion, Peeled & Cut Into 2 Inch Pieces
- 1 Red Pepper, Seeded & Cut Into 2 Inch Pieces
- 1 Yellow Pepper, Seeded & Cut Into 2 Inch Pieces
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Thread the vegetables onto the skewers, carrying the vegetables on each skewer.
- Mix together the marinade ingredients.
- Place the skewers in a baking pan, and brush with the marinade and let rest 15 minutes.
- Heat the grill to medium high heat.
- Cook the skewers on the grill turning frequently and brushing with the marinade.
- Continue to grill until cooked through and slightly charred.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 274mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 7g Protein: 4g