We are headed to Key West for a little Valentine’s Day mini vacation and to celebrate our upcoming trip, I decided to make individual key lime flavored cheesecakes in a chocolate crumb crust the weekend before we left. Key limes are very tart and add a delicious flavor to a basic cheesecake batter. I used 6 individual tart pans to make my cheesecakes, but you could also use a 9 inch springform pan, or even 12 foil baking cups.
Deborah Mele 2012
- 1 (9 Ounce) Package Dark Chocolate Wafer Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Melted
- 3 (8 Ounce) Packages Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Key Lime Zest
- 1/3 Cup fresh Key Lime Juice
- 3 Large Eggs
- Whipped Cream
- Grated Limes
- Fresh Raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pulse the chocolate wafers in a blender until finely crushed.
- Mix together the melted butter and crumbs in a bowl until mixed.
- Firmly press the crumb mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of 6 individual tart pans with removable bottoms and place the pans onto two baking sheets.
- Beat together the cream cheese and sugar until light.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well between each, then add the lime juice and zest and beat until blended.
- Pour the mixture into the chocolate shells and bake for 20 minutes or until just about set in the center.
- Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Garnish the tarts with whipped cream, lime zest and fresh raspberries and serve.