I honestly think when it comes to potatoes that there is nothing as delicious as perfectly roasted potatoes that are golden brown and crispy on the outside and creamy, soft inside. When I came across this roasted potato dish from Martha Stewart I just knew I had to try it and the potatoes tasted just as good as they looked.
I’ve made this dish twice to date, first following the recipes exactly as stated, and the second time I made a couple of changes which are shown below. The original recipe used thinly sliced shallots wedged between some of the potato slices and I also added thinly sliced garlic. I also used rosemary in place of the thyme as I think rosemary and potatoes together are a match made in heaven.
- 4 Pounds Russet Potatoes, Peeled
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- 4 Medium Sized shallots, Peeled & Thinly Sliced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Peeled & Thinly Sliced
- Coarse Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
- 3 Teaspoons Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix together the butter and olive oil and use a little to lightly grease the bottom of a round 9 inch oven-safe dish.
- Use a mandoline, or a very sharp knife, and cut the potatoes into very then slices crosswise. (Try and keep the slices together to make it easier to assemble the dish)
- Arrange the slices in the dish as pictured, then wedge some of the shallots, garlic slices, and chopped rosemary between some of the potato wedges throughout the dish.
- Brush the dish with the remaining butter and olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle any remaining rosemary on top, and bake for about 1 1/2 hours or until the potatoes are golden brown but tender when pierced with a fork.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 429Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 189mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 8gSugar: 6gProtein: 9g