Salads like this one are very nutritious yet full of flavor and are great year round. Although I do prefer to cook my own dried chickpeas from scratch, you can use two cans of chickpeas drained and rinsed if you are tight for time. This salad can be adapted to meet your needs by adding chopped cucumber, peppers, or even a crumbling of feta cheese on top. This is a great salad to pack and take on picnics, or for potluck dinners as it travels well. I also make this salad as an addition to my antipasti selection when I’m entertaining. To stretch this salad to feed more, simply serve a scoopful of the beans and tomatoes on top of dressed mixed greens.
Deborah Mele 2012
- 3 Cups of Cooked Chickpeas
- 1 1/2 Cups Chopped Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup of Finely Chopped Parsley
- 1 Medium Onion, Peeled & Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of Capers, Rinsed & Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Peeled & Minced
- Salt & Pepper
- 6 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl and toss.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Store in the refrigerator until needed.