When entertaining for a crowd, it is always a good idea to have a fruity punch as one of your beverage options. For our family Thanksgiving dinner for 28, I chose this Sparkling Pomegranate Punch because I liked the idea of using pure pomegranate juice which adds some nutritional value, and because I love the tart flavor of pomegranates.
All punches can be tweaked and the ingredients played around for your own personal taste. We added extra juice to our punch, and added sliced lemons and oranges. You could switch the pomegranate juice for cranberry juice if you preferred, and use either fresh cranberries, pomegranate seeds, or even diced pineapple to garnish. Although we enjoyed this punch at Thanksgiving this year, it would also be a great option for Christmas entertaining as well.
- 2 Oranges Thinly Sliced
- 2 Lemons Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 Cup Sweet Wine Such as Riesling
- 2 (750 ml) Bottles Of Sparkling White Wine
- 2 Cups Pure Pomegranate Juice
- Ice Cubes
- In a punch bowl, mix together everything but the ice cubes.
- Serve over ice in individual cups.