Mini Party Pizzas
These tasty little pizzas are great to serve when you are entertaining, or for a fun family night as kids love them. I use my potato focaccia dough to make these tender tidbits which works out wonderfully as the mashed potatoes ensure the dough stays tender inside, even as it crisps up on the outside. The dough is cut into circles, topped with a few simple ingredients and baked until golden brown and bubbly. You can make these pizzas any size you choose, but if you are using them as finger food I’d recommend keeping them small, about 2 to 3 inches. On pizzas this small, I like to keep my toppings simple and use a fresh tasting tomato sauce and grated mozzarella cheese, although you could include any of your favorite pizza toppings.
Deborah Mele 2013
Mini Party Pizzas
Bite sized mini pizzas are great to serve when entertaining or for family night with the kids.
- 1/2 Recipe Potato Focaccia Dough
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups 5 Minute Tomato Sauce
- 1 1/2 Cups Grated Good Quality Mozzarella Cheese (Not Fresh Which Is Too Watery)
- 6 Large Fresh Basil Leaves
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F. and lightly dust two baking sheets with cornmeal.
- Divide the dough into two parts, and on a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to a thickness of about 1/2 of an inch thick.
- Use a circular cup or cookie cutter about 3 to 4 inches in diameter, and cut as many circles of dough that you can.
- As you cut the dough circles they will shrink a little, so slightly stretch them out with your fingers and then place the circles on the prepared baking sheets.
- Brush the top of each pizza with a little olive oil, then spoon a little of the tomato sauce on top, spreading it with a spoon almost to the edge.
- Chop the fresh basil, adding a little to each pizza, and finally, top with the grated mozzarella.
- Place the pizzas in the oven and bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 3
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 184Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 406mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
I do this a lot for kids’ parties. The little ones love to pick their own toppings!
What great looking little pizzas. I love them small too, and as you note, with simple, but fresh tasting toppings. Complimenti!
mmmm, we make small pizza’s but I think the BIG difference is the dough you’re using. Can’t WAIT to try it!