This has to be one of the easiest appetizer recipes that I make, and I have yet to find anyone of any age that didn’t love it. I often serve this dish often when we have guests over for a very casual get-to-gether, or before we make pizza. It can be made in one large dish for a party, or created in individual baking dishes so each person gets their own.
Though you could use prepared tomato sauce, my 10 minute sauce tastes very fresh and delicious it is well worth making your own for this simple dish. Serve this dish with lots of garlicky bread as everyone will want to scoop up every last drop!
- 2 (4 Ounce) Packages Goat Cheese
- I Recipe Quick Tomato Sauce
- Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- 1 Loaf Crusty Baguette Bread
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Peeled
- 5 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Heat the tomato sauce in a saucepan, and season with red pepper flakes if using. Keep warm.
- Slice the bread into 1/2 inch slices and place on a baking sheet.
- Place under the broiler and brown each side of the bread slices (crostini).
- Place a garlic clove on a fork and rub vigorously on one side of each of the crostini.
- Brush each crostini lightly with olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place each of the goat cheese logs into their own oven safe small baking dish and then pour the hot tomato sauce over top until it almost but not quite covers the cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until bubbly and hot.
- Place each dish on a larger plate and surround it with the crostini.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 499Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 886mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 14g