This is another easy to put together snack to serve when entertaining that goes really well with a nice glass of wine. This is an easier option than that fancy round of Brie en Croute that folks top with fruit and nuts and then wrap in puff pastry and bake.
Though Brie en Croute is delicious when you cut into it and all the cheese oozes out, it is a little tricky to serve if you are entertaining a large group, especially if your guests are standing around holding a glass of wine. These easy brie bites offer the same flavor and texture as Brie en Croute, but are just easier to serve.
I have made these bites multiple times and have made them using both mini filo cups that can be bought in the freezer section of your grocery store as well as with puff pastry. Personally, I prefer them using puff pastry so that is what I am sharing here. You can use either cranberry chutney or jam, and I even use fig jam when I am in Italy and when cranberry chutney or jam just isn’t available.
- 1 Sheet Frozen Puff Pastry, Thawed
- 1/2 Cup Cranberry or Fig Chutney
- 4 Ounces Brie, Cut Into 1/2-inch Cubes
- 1/4 Cups Chopped Hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly spray the cups of a mini-muffin pan with oil spray.
- Unroll the puff pastry and cut into 24 small squares.
- Gently press the squares into the muffin cups with your fingertips.
- Place a cube of brie into each pastry cup, then top with a scant teaspoon of the chutney.
- Sprinkle on the chopped nuts, then bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Cool a few minutes and then serve while still warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 3 bites
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 101Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 107mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g