I try and prepare a couple of vegetable side dishes with every meal. We enjoy the vegetables with dinner, and again the next day for lunch. Cauliflower is one vegetable that is always in season, is easy to prepare, and is inexpensive in price. This easy recipes roasts the cauliflower after cutting it into slices. Once tender, grated Parmesan cheese and lemon zest are sprinkled on top. The cauliflower is then put back into the oven to allow the cheese to melt onto the florets.
Deborah Mele 2017
- 1 Large Head Of Cauliflower
- 3 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 3/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Zest From One Lemon
- 2 Teaspoons Finely Chopped Parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim the stem from the cauliflower and break into large florets.
- Slice the florets into 1/2 inch slices.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and toss with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake the cauliflower for 20 minutes until fork tender and lightly browned.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and sprinkle with the grated cheese, lemon zest, and parsley.
- Return the tray to the oven and bake another 5 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 16mg Sodium: 444mg Carbohydrates: 13g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 5g Protein: 9g