In my ongoing love affair with Calabrian chili peppers, I recently tossed grilled shrimp in my homemade chili butter and loved how they turned out. Now that we are in the midst of a hot, muggy summer, I try to grill outdoors as much as possible rather than heat up the kitchen by turning on the oven. This is such an easy recipe, you could prepare these shrimps in mere minutes for a mid-week dinner, which is great for a busy family. You can adapt this recipe by using more or less chili butter depending on how much eat you prefer. Medium-large to extra large shrimp work best in this recipe.
Whenever possible, I try and buy fresh shrimp, but lately, I have been buying live caught, frozen shrimp from Costco which are very tasty, and they have worked out great in all of my recipes. I thaw out my shrimp in the refrigerator overnight, and pat dry once thawed to remove excess water. I serve this dish with a grilled vegetable such as zucchini ribbons or asparagus, along with a big, mixed salad. My husband eats pasta as often as possible so the day I made these shrimps, he cooked up some pasta for himself which he tossed in a little chili butter before topping his pasta with some of these tasty shrimps.
Deborah mele 2019
- 1 Pound Fresh or Frozen Shrimp, Peeled, Deveined, & Patted Dry (See Notes Above)
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Garlic Clove, Finely Minced
- 1/2 Cup Chili Butter At Room Temperature
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Place the shrimp in a bowl, top with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic, and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Place the shrimp on metal or bamboo skewers.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Grill the shrimp 2 to 3 minutes per side depending on size (Shrimp should just turn opaque)
- Remove from the skewers, place in a bowl, toss with chili butter and parsley until the shrimp are well coated with the butter.
- Place the shrimp on a platter and serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4 pound
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 318Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 253mgSodium: 1296mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 28g