We are now months into the Pandemic, and our state has slowly opened things up, and we are now able to go out to eat, shop, or visit our local outdoor markets. However, I do my best to keep my ventures out to a minimum, always wear my mask in public, and do my best to social distance. The one thing that has kept me sane the past few months has been cooking. Going into the kitchen and testing out new recipes every week has been very relaxing, enjoyable, and delicious! Since we are in the heat of summer, we have been grilling out much more than usual to keep the kitchen cool. When we fire up the grill, we usually try to cook our entire meal outdoors, including vegetable sides, and either an appetizer or grilled fruit for dessert.
I have always been a big fan of poultry, chicken in particular, and in fact, I could eat it daily and not get tired of it. When grilling chicken, I like to marinade it a few hours before cooking it to help tenderize it and add extra flavor. This easy marinade uses my Calabrian chili pepper pesto and fresh limes, garlic, and olive oil. The limes help to tenderize the chicken and add brightness, while the chili pepper pesto adds a gentle heat. I order from Calabrian chili pesto from Amazon.com and always have a few jars in my pantry. You could use chicken breasts in place of chicken thighs, however I find that the thighs work really well with this marinade.
Deborah Mele 2020
- 2 1/2 Pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley Leaves, Chopped
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons Calabrian Chili Pepper Pesto (Depending On Desired Spice)
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Lime Wedges For Serving
- In a large bowl or casserole dish, mix together the lime juice, olive oil, parsley, chili pesto, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken and stir to coat.
- Cover and marinate for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat, and grill the chicken turning once, brushing the marinade on the thighs as it cooks. (About 5 minutes per side)
- Once the chicken is golden brown, serve immediately with lime wedges.
Notes: You can also roast the chicken in the oven at 400 degrees F. for about 20 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 724Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 36gCholesterol: 350mgSodium: 659mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 71g