During the warmer days of summer, I do my best to avoid using my oven. It is just too hot to heat up the kitchen baking or roasting anything. We tend to grill outdoors a lot more, and when it comes to desserts, I often serve fresh fruit or a no-bake dessert like these tasty cheesecakes. I used a silicone muffin tin to make individual cakes when entertaining recently. The silicon is very flexible, making it quite easy to remove the cakes. If you do not have a silicone pan, you could use a 9-inch springform pan.
You can use any fresh seasonal fruit for the fruit topping for these mini cheesecakes. I used sweet cherries that I cooked up with a little lemon and sugar to make a sort of sauce. You could use any berry or ripe stone fruit for the topping, depending on what you prefer.
Deborah Mele 2020
- 1 1/2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 7 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 1 3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Envelope Unflavored Gelatin (0.25 Ounce)
- 1 1/2 Cups Full Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 (8 Ounce) Package Cream Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Cups Fresh Fruit (See Notes Above)
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- Mix together the crust ingredients, and then press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan, or an 8 count silicone muffin pan.
- Freeze crust for at least 20 minutes or up to 1 day.
- Pour the heavy cream into a saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin on top.
- Let stand 10 minutes, then cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the gelatin has completely dissolved.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, place the yogurt, cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar and process until smooth.
- Add the cream mixture and process until blended.
- Pour the filling into the crust and refrigerate a minimum of 6 hours or up to 2 days.
- To make the topping, place fruit, lemon, and sugar into a small pot and cook over medium heat until bubbling and thickened.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Serve the cheesecake with the fresh fruit topping spooned on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 501Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 195mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 1gSugar: 33gProtein: 8g