I’ve always loved to cook, but living through the lockdown of the Pandemic, I have to say that I got a little tired of cooking every single meal for weeks on end. When I got too tired of preparing dinner, my husband would take over and fire up the grill and cook our main course outdoors. On these days, I’d throw together a big salad and add a vegetable side to round out the meal. These potatoes quickly became one of our favorite side dish.
I first made these potatoes a couple of months ago, and it was love at first bite. The crispy, golden-brown exterior contrasts perfectly with the creamy inside. The mustard adds a little flavor and helps create a crisp coating on the potatoes. I first found this potato recipe on Pinterest, and it was stated that it is an Ina Garten recipe. Every recipe of hers that I’ve tried has worked out perfectly, so I knew it would be a winner.
For my version, I use a combination of baby Yukon Gold and Red skinned potatoes. If you had to, you could use full-sized potatoes by just cutting them into chunks. These roasted potatoes are so effortless apart from tossing them a couple of times while they bake. They pair really well with any grilled or roasted meat or poultry, but make extra because they are addictive! My husband and I even enjoy them with burgers on the grill; they are so tasty.
- 2 1/2 Pounds Combination of Baby Red & Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Whole-grain Mustard
- Cracked Black Pepper & Sea Salt To Taste
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Oregano Leaves
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes in halves if using baby potatoes.
- If using regular sized potatoes, cut them into 2-inch chunks.
- Spread the potatoes onto a large baking sheets
- Add the olive oil, mustard, 2 teaspoons salt, and the pepper and toss well to coat the potatoes.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the potatoes are lightly browned on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Toss the potatoes from time to time with a spatula so they brown evenly.
- Serve hot sprinkled with chopped oregano and a little extra salt.
Adapted from Ina Garten.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 190mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g