We have been busy the past six months flying back and forth between Michigan and Florida. We are planning to build a new house in Florida, and hopefully, once we get all of the necessary permits submitted, the building will begin. This will be our eighteenth move, and I plan to make it our last one. The seasons between these two diverse states are very different. We celebrated the strawberry season in Florida in late February, and the strawberry season in Michigan will begin in just a few weeks. When strawberries are in season, I tend to buy way too many and then have to scramble to find ways to use them up while they are at their best. There is nothing like local, ripe, just picked strawberries still warm from the fields!
This moist, slightly sweet quick bread is quick to prepare and is delicious enjoyed any time of the day. A slice is perfect with your morning coffee or after your meal as dessert. Bananas and yogurt ensure that this bread is very moist, along with chopped ripe strawberries studded throughout. This bread also freezes well, so go ahead and double the recipe if you like and freeze a loaf for another time.
Deborah Mele 2021
- 2 1/2 Cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, Melted And Cooled
- 1 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Plain Yogurt
- 2 Large Eggs At Room Temperature, Lightly Beaten
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Ripe Bananas, Mashed
- 1 1/2 Cups Diced Ripe Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, whisk together the butter, sugar, yogurt, eggs, and extract until blended.
- Stir in the bananas.
- Add the flour to the bowl with the wet ingredients stirring just until mixed.
- Stir in the strawberries then dump the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake for about 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes, then remove from the pan and cool completely.
- Slice and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 228mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 6g