I do not make polenta often, but I have tried making it many ways. The traditional way to prepare polenta is on the stovetop and requires stirring it almost continually to ensure you end up with a creamy product with no lumps. I have tried making polenta in the oven, I’ve tried a “no-stir” method, and also tried making in my Instant Pot. All of these techniques do end up with great results, and it is just your personal preference which one you choose.
This easy method using the Instant Pot has always worked out perfectly. When I used my Instant Pot recently to make a hearty pork ragu, I decided to keep it out to use to make creamy polenta to serve with my sauce. This polenta is creamy and rich, flavored with grated Pecorino Romano cheese and fresh ground pepper. This polenta would also be perfect with braised meat or a hearty stew.
- 1 Cup Polenta
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 to 1 1/2 Teaspoons Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 4 Ounces Finely Grated Pecorino Cheese
- Whisk the polenta and 4 cups water in an Instant Pot until blended.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer, whisk again, then seal Instant Pot.
- Cook on Manual for 10 minutes.
- Manually release, and whisk until smooth.
- Add butter and cheese and whisk until blended.
- Serve as desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 1121mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 10g